Sunday, August 28, 2011

(Video) Stern - Happy Birthday for Gilad

Paula S. Stern
A Soldier's Mother
28 August '11

http://israelisoldiersmother.blogspot.com/2011/08/happy-birthday-for-gilad.html

Today, Gilad Shalit is 25 years old. He's a man - by every definition of the word. By age, by experience, by maturity. He was last seen by his family, friends, and fellow soldiers, when he was 19 years old. There is a world of difference between who he was and who he is now.

I measure Gilad by Elie. I can't help it. Elie entered the army when he was 19, a few months ago, he turned 24. He's changed so much. I can't imagine what agonies I would feel if I had not been able to watch his transform, grow, become the man he is now.

Happy birthday, Gilad. We all want you to come home. We have not forgotten you, we will never forget you. May next year's birthday find you home with your family, far from the memories you have gained over the last years.



If you enjoy "Love of the Land", please be a subscriber. Just put your email address in the "Subscribe" box on the upper right-hand corner of the page.
.

1 comment:

  1. It is truly tragedy that Gilad Shalit is still being held in captivity.
    It would be a bigger tragedy if one single Israeli were to be murdered by a Palestinian terrorist released to gain Gilad's freedom.
    It would be the worst tragedy imaginable if the Israeli murdered was me, my wife, or any of my kids.
    Until Gilad Shalit can be exchanged in such a way so as not to endanger one single Israeli, he should remain prisoner in Gaza.

    ReplyDelete