Friday, May 17, 2013

Paula Stern, the BBC and an Appreciation of Israel

...We are living - in a land so beautiful it can bring tears to your eyes and steal your breath away. The majesty, the dignity, the absolute holiness of this land comes through as you drive, as you walk, as you sit on your balcony and stare out at the mountains to the east, south, west or north. From my backyard, I can see Jerusalem and the mountains nearby. From my front porch, I can see the Judean Desert and the low hills that lead down to the Dead Sea.

Paula R. Stern..
A Soldier's Mother..
17 May '13..

I'm in a holding pattern with this blog. Not much to write about in terms of being a soldier's mother because thankfully, my sons are home - two with their wives; another happily and unhappily studying away in high school. Yaakov is coming home this summer to begin further studies; he brings with him his wife and two daughters. Chaim is blooming in university, finding facets of himself, polishing his abilities and finding the voice that is uniquely his.

My daughters are doing well - my oldest is finishing university - she is the kind of mother I always wanted to be. Aliza is grace. Hard to explain it with another word so I'll leave it at that. They've grown to be people - something that a mother has to learn to accept. They are individuals - all of them, with their own directions and lives.

I'm going through a rough time personally - not things I really want to write about, but things that weigh on my mind. The BBC show aired and it was...okay. That's a ridiculous word but an excellent one. I never thought it would be pro-Israel - but the fact that it wasn't anti-Israel pleases me greatly. They were fair. Over and over, that word comes to mind.

(Read full post)

Updates throughout the day at http://calevbenyefuneh.blogspot.com. If you enjoy "Love of the Land", please be a subscriber. Just put your email address in the "Subscribe" box on the upper right-hand corner of the page.Twitter updates at LoveoftheLand as well as our Love of the Land page at Facebook.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment